In the middle is eagle. Instead of a sword, the eagle is holding an olive branch, symbolizing peace. This flag is similar to the national flags of Chard and Andorra, which are all based on vertical stripes of blue, yellow, and red.
On the white back ground the is a blue Nordic cross that represents Christianity. Finland’s flag is based on the Scandinavian cross. The blue represents the country’s lakes and the sky and white represents the snow that covers Finland in the winter.
The Switzerland national flag represents freedom, honor, and fidelity. This flag is a common flag style from medieval times.
The Jordan flag is designed according to the flag during Arab Revolt in World War I.
All the colors and the star of the flag have different meanings.
• I went to Abby’s house for a sleepover.
• I got new clothes.
• New Zealand won the Rugby World Cup.
• Jessie got an awesome as cellphone.
• The school bands song called Learners Anthem got into the final for the Digi awards!
• I Didn’t do much.
• Found out that my cat has arthritis
• Didn’t see all of my friends.
• Its was boring.
• Bad weather in the last week.
• The Rugby World Cup was on!
• Got heaps of new games for my Ipod.
• On skype I talked to Jessie and Abby.
• I couldn’t wait to get back to school and see my friends.
• Found out that my poster that I entered into the Digi awards got into the final!
I feel my body vibrate as I drive to the Regent Theater, we turn a corner and I can see King Street right in front of me. Its dark and all the lights in the street are on. My mum drops me off and my heart beats fast, “Bye” I yell out to her before she walks off to find my dad and my brother. I find Jasmine and we walk together to our changing rooms. “You nervous?” she asks. “Yes!” I say. We finally find our changing room and put our bags on the floor as all of our friends say hi. Time passes quickly as we are putting our makeup on, and then all of a sudden the show starts and we all listen for the crowd going wild, they do.
I had to do my make up about three times because it kept on wearing off. In the long wait me and my friends played twister, played on our ipods, hung out in the hall way, ate food and listened to the things that were happening on the stage through the speaker. Finally the time came and my class formed a line. Kat (our dance teacher) was there and she told us to have big moves, sharp moves, to smile and to have fun. We all nervously walked down the steps down the stage and waited for the time to come again. I was a prop in our buddy classes dance so I quickly walked out onto the dark stage. It was weird because I couldn’t see the crowd at all! Our buddies did their dance and then after a while it was finished. I carefully walked off stage and got ready for my classes Rugby Dance. Connor did some Rugby moves and my group (group 1) and the other group (group 2) ran onto the stage and formed two circles around Connor. Connor pushed one of us over and we all fell down like dominoes. we split up into our groups and did some really cool moves based on the opening of the Rugby World Cup in New Zealand. After that we made two lines and Connor ran through us, as he did we all fell over at the same times as he ran passed us. Then we made a scrum and Connor was in the middle.
The music went quiet and we ran off stage, took off our rugby jerseys. The girls had sparkly tops on and the boys had sparkly ties and bands on. My class and our buddy class quietly walked on stage and stood still while a quick Rugby movie played. We were all so nervous. I twitched as the music turned on and the lights lightened up. This is going to be awesome I thought to myself. All of us did the dance perfectly and we walked off the stage proud of what we did.
It was an amazing night and we rocked the whole place!
Posted by redfish | Posted in music | Posted on September 27, 2011
In class we made all blacks out of corrugated card. it was heaps of fun designing their uniforms and details on their shoes. Here is ten facts about my All Black.
1. His name is Conrad Smith.
2. He was born born 12 October 1981 in Hawera, New Zealand.
3. He is a midfield back and plays outside center.
4. He is number 13.
5. In the 48 tests he has played he has scored 19 tries.
6. His full name is Conrade Gerade Smith.
7. Conrad Smiths weighs 95 kgs.
8.Conrad Smiths height is 1.86 meters.
9. Conrad smith is 29 years old.
10. He has been playing for the All Blacks since 2004.